Growing with your business

I find that many people will not buy anything over the internet. They don't like dealing with the unknown. They like to be able to call the company they are buying something from. If you have a website you will want to seriously consider having a business phone number just for the business. A few years back I had a cell phone for my business as I did not want my home phone getting calls. A cell phone is a good option as a business phone but it can rack up the minutes unless you find a company that deals with business cell phones with wider options than the regular personal cell phone usage. My calls only amounted to about 10 a week and only when my customers had to make appointments so my cell phone bill was not outrageous - yet.

As your business grows you will have to find a way to deal with customer communications. How do you handle calls for orders when you are not around? Does your customer get a busy signal if you are on the only phone line? You need to think about message systems and advanced communications and voip. VOIP stands for Voice Over Internet Protocol, meaning can you take a voice call while you are on line? You will need to deal with those types of questions if you want your business to grow.

No comments: