Signs of the economy coming back to life

I was talking to a few friends of mine about the economy and both of them have a pulse on things that point to a brighter future. One of them has a small horse tack shop. When the economy started to go down hill, her business suffered. She had to resort to making money with an online blog, about horses of course. She still kept her shop going but moved it to the internet and shut up the brick and mortar store. She made the remark to me that her online sales have started to pick up. My other friend works in the electronic chip industry. The company she works for is reporting a huge jump in sales.

I have also had an increase of writing assignments, so many that I have had to turn some away. I had one just yesterday that wanted me to write a 600 word article about websites that had tretinoin reviews on them. Heck I don't even know what tretinoin is! They wanted to pay me $4.00 for that one so I passed. I like the ones that offer me $25.00 for a 400 word article about anything I want to write about. The only stipulation is that it is about a unique subject matter that is not readily available online. Most of the time those articles are very easy for me. I can churn those ones out in about 30 minutes or less.

Let's hope that the signs of the economy improving are not a false start.

No comments: