Reflections of what Christmas is suppose to be about

A nasty winter cold has hit me hard. Between sleeping and hacking my brains out I am managing to write a few articles on my laptop. Access to the internet is a bit harder since it is at the other end of the house. I am finding it hard to be creative when I am having trouble breathing, but writing something down does take my mind off of having this cold. This time has also given me time to reflect and daydream which I feel is something we all need to do every now and again. The rest of the family more or less leaves me alone so I also get much needed quite time to myself.

Last night I spent some time with the rest of the family and we watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on TV, not the old cartoon but the newer movie version. It reminded me of how we have become a society based on gifts at Christmas time. More and more each year Christ has been removed from Christmas. Why doesn't big business get it over with and just call it the "End of the year store clearance sale and celebration".

If you want to do an unusual gift this year, give yourself. Here is a list of ideas:
  • Babysitting for one evening
  • Pet sitting for a weekend
  • Yard work
  • Help someone move

No comments: