Using images to attract search engine visitors


More and more people are using the image search function on Google. I have one blog that had a sudden increase in visitors for the phrase "Great Dane". I did a search on the phrase and my blog did not come up in the first 5 or six pages of the search. When I changed the search from a word search to an image search I found that I was at the top of page 1 for images for "Great Dane". I then checked with my statcounter and found out that my visitors were coming from the image search and not a word search.

Use images in your blog posts that are related to those posts. Images are indexed separately from text so you will increase your blog visitors simply by adding images. The same thing also applies to websites. People will search on images of products to find just what they are looking for.

No comments: